It's time to shake up your yoga playlist with some music that will get you amped for a workout, and at the same time make you feel zen.
“The music choices may have the right tempo and/or rhythm to complement a yoga practice. In this way, these choices also could be helping with the timing – in other words, the beat/rhythm could be perfect for moving through the timing of yoga positions/poses.” says Dr. Amanda Krause, researcher at The University of Melbourne.
Body and Soul Magazine did some research around what music is best suited to a yoga routine, and came up with this playlist:
1. Kendrick Lamar - LOVE.FEAT.ZACHARY.
2. Halsey - Now or Never
3. Post Malone - I Fall Apart
4. Khalid - Location
5. Bob Marley and the Wailers - Is This Love
6. Justin Timberlake - Say Something
7. Future - Selfish
8. The xx - Intro
9. Coldplay - Fix You
10. Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
11. Sia - Breathe Me
12. ODESZA - Kusanagi
13. Leon Bridges - River
14. Rae Sremmurd - Do Yoga
15. Florence and the Machine - Shake It Out
16. Van Morrison - Into The Mystic
17. Ryan Adams - Wonderwall
18. Andra Day - Rise Up
19. Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
20. The Lumineers - Stubborn Love