1. His return to Australia and New Zealand comes after the release of the Harmony of Difference EP in 2017, which was released through the British independent label Young Turks - and was swiftly awarded Best New Music by Pitchfork.
2. He’s set to follow up the Harmony of Difference EP with a full length album, expected this summer.
3. Washington was involved in both of Kendrick Lamar’s latest albums (Damn and To Pimp A Butterfly), playing saxophone, being arranger and working on the strings on the albums. And last time Washington came to Australia, it was to support Kendrick Lamar in 2016.
4. Back in 1999, Washington was the winner of the John Coltrane Music Competition, and his debut album The Epic won numerous “best of” awards, including the American Music Prize and the Gilles Peterson Worldwide album of the year.
5. As well as Lamar, he’s also previously worked with the likes of Run The Jewels, John Legend, Ibeyi, Flying Lotus, Ryan Adams, and more.